Friday, November 11, 2011

The journey there.....

Pretty much all we have done today is fly.  We flew into Amsterdam to start the day, now we are on the flight to Entebbe - stopping at Kigali, though.  They made me check my carry-on bag with 1/2 of the materials and all of my food and clothes.  I trust the LORD that He will get the bag to Entebbe so that I can have the use of the teaching materials that we need and also so that I can have (and ultimately give away) the clothes that I brought.  I still feel like there are so many things that I don't know and I know that I'll be overwhelmed when we land.  I look forward, though, to what all God will teach me about Himself and that He will open my eyes to pray and to praise Him with a renewed fervor as a result of this trip.  I'm excited about being disconnected from e-mail, text and facebook for a little while; but I'm also scared of being so disconnected.  I know that God has this all under His great control too.  I took this time in the plane to spend some concentrated time in prayer and journaling, something that I need to do more often.
"LORD of all the earth, we shout your name, filling up the skies with endless praise, Yahweh, Yahweh, we love to shout your name, oh Lord!!"  I just lift up endless praises to the Father for who He is and also that He allows me to join in His ultimate desire that His Name be known amongst all nations.  As I work to get to a place far away from home, I labor for 1 thing and 1 thing alone - to make His Name great!  That's my ultimate goal and that's what I know that He'll bless.  I get overwhelmed sometimes, though, when I consider how limited I am.  I am 1 person.....I am a single female and I completely know what this means in a lot of cultures.  Above the age of 30 and still not married, people wonder what's wrong.  And, they ask, which brings a flood of other emotions to the surface!  Especially people in other cultures ask....they are very curious and I respect them for asking.  But, the reality is, I have no clue!  One thing that I do know, though, is that I don't want to squander my singleness.  I want my life to count to make God's glory known.....which is why I'm on this plane to South Sudan.  People ask me what drew me to South Sudan, and all I can say is that God led me there and paved the way.  I can't explain it, but here I am.  I am inadequate, unfamiliar with the culture and land, and flawed in so many ways.  I know that I have nothing to stand on apart from Scripture and for that, I'm grateful because God will bless the proclamation of His Word.  So, this is the plan for the next week (and for life).....to stand on the promises of God and to point others to Him.

1 comment: